Volunteering puts people at the heart of the Geffrye Museum. People currently volunteer across the museum leading tours of the restored Almshouse, helping maintain the gardens, supporting family learning activities, community sessions and events, collection and documentation activities, helping our development team with research, supporting the communications team and supporting the volunteer programme itself.
The programme embraces a broad, flexible approach to volunteering that is responsive to the needs of individuals. A range of opportunities are provided so that people can get involved at a level, role and frequency suited to them. We are also harnessing the potential of digital technology to help us achieve this, by introducing an online platform for volunteer engagement, Geffrye Makers.
With volunteers being a vital part of the organisation we believe they deserve the best communication. A key part of this is having a helpful and efficient enquiry process. We are looking for an enthusiastic, people focused person to support our recruitment activities as a Volunteer Enquiry Assistant.
In this role you will…
- Updating Geffrye Makers page
- Checking and responding to e-mails related to volunteer enquiries
- Processing volunteer enquiries, arranging interviews and following up references
- Scheduling and preparing materials for volunteer inductions
- Helping at open days and fairs for potential volunteer
- Update volunteer records
For this role we are looking for someone who is…
- Enthusiastic about Volunteering & Volunteer Culture
- Ability to understand and empathise with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Interested in gaining an awareness of how a volunteer programme is delivered within the Museum/Heritage sector
- Willing to take direction and undertake relevant training
- Enjoys paying attention to detail and happy using a computer
- Able to offer a regular session each week
Why get involved?
- Gain training to carry out the role
- Contribute to how a volunteer programme in an established museum is organised
- Use/improve your communication skills
- Have regular discussions about your work and development
How to get involved?
Step 1: Sign into your Geffrye Maker account or sign up here
Step 2: Accept the challenge
Step 4: We will contact you to arrange to talk about the role further
- Customer Service
- Business and management
- Community Work
- Learning and Education