We are looking for volunteers to help support the Family Programme.
The museum’s family programme is a well-loved, long-running part of the public programme. Our busy holiday activities attract hundreds of families from the local community every year. The programme offers creative activities for children of all ages to explore the collections, garden and built environment. Volunteers will support the planning and delivery of holiday activities during the Easter holidays with the potentail of continuing and supporting Summer holiday activities. Sessions will include Nursery Rhyme Time sessions for early years, Geffrye Explorers, drop-in craft workshops, and our popular digital workshops.
We are looking for someone who can start during the week starting 4th March if possible.
In this role you will…
Support Administration of programmes and projects including:
- creating resources and preparing materials
- creating posters and stickers for sessions
- recording evaluations and monitoring information
- collecting photographic evidence of sessions and assisting with social media
- Supporting the delivery and set up of workshops
- Supporting families throughout the workshops
For this role we are looking for someone who is…
- Available one day a week (flexible Monday – Friday)
- In addition you should be available for some or all of the following event dates; 8th-12th April
- Interested in working with families in a museum/heritage setting
- Enthusiastic, approachable and friendly
- Passionate about museums, heritage and/or gardens, and the role they can play in people’s learning
- Flexible and adaptable
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
- Fluent in English, with good communication skills
Why get involved?
In return this role offers you the chance to…
- Develop a general knowledge and understanding of the museum and gardens
- Gain skills and experience whilst contributing to the work of the Geffrye
- Attend training to undertake this role, mainly in the form of shadowing experienced members of the Learning and Engagement team, mentoring and attending internal skill- sharing days
- Attend training so that you will be aware of and comply with relevant museum’s policies such as our Child Protection polices and our procedures for our computer systems
- Meet new people and contribute your time and skills to the local community
How to get involved?
Step 1: Sign into your Geffrye Maker account or sign up here
Step 2: Accept the challenge
Step 3: Send us and email before Tuesday 19th February to Volunteering@geffrye-museum.org.uk - let us know why you are intersted in this challange and what you have done in the past that might help in this role.
Step 4: We will be in touch to arrange a time to come in and talk more about the role. This will be on Thursday 28th February - any other times would be subject to availability.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role with us, please do get in touch!
- Customer Service
- Event Management
- Working with Children 0-5yrs
- Working with Children 6 - 12yrs
- Community Work
- Creative and Arts
- Events and Programming
- Learning and Education
- Visitor Service/ Front of House