The Geffrye Museum’s development team is responsible for raising the £18.1m needed to deliver the museum’s ambitious capital redevelopment project, Unlocking the Geffrye. We are a small and friendly team, but with limited capacity we are seeking a volunteer to support us with our important work.
With just £1m left to raise for the project, we need to find new funders who we could approach for a grant. This type of research is called prospecting. Using online research tools, we need to identify small (up to £10,000), medium (up to £50,000), and large (over £50,000) sized prospects, creating a list of planned approaches, commonly known as a pipeline.
- To identify and research prospective trusts, foundations, and grant-making bodies using our online research tools.
- To feedback findings to the development manager.
- To input into the team’s pipeline.
- To create detailed research profiles where needed.
- To support the team by proof-reading funding applications.
- Potential to write your own applications (with guidance from the development manager) and build up practical bid-writing experience.
No previous experience necessary, but an interest in research, charity work, the arts sector, and a passion for the Geffrye Museum would be preferable
Why get involved?
This is a unique opportunity for anyone interested in understanding how charitable organisations fundraise for their work.
- You will play a key role in the identification of important prospects, supporting the development team to achieve their multi-million-pound fundraising target.
- You will be able to learn about the application process for trusts, foundations, and statutory funders, with potential to support in the development of bids, and improve your persuasive writing skills.
A reference can also be provided for future work experience or job applications after your placement.
How to get involved?
Step 1: Sign into your Geffrye Maker account or sign up here
Step 2: Accept the challenge
Step 3: Send Sophie an email by Sunday 13 Jan, SKashi@geffrye-museum.org.uk Let us know any relevant experience and why you are interested in the role (no more than 1 page)
Step 4: We will be intouch to talk with you further
- Business and management
- Commercial Development